Monday, February 4, 2013

Allie & The Game of Catch Up

Wow...I haven't posted in a while.  I got overwhelmed with school and work, and lots of other things.  I made straight A's last semester, so I guess that 3 month sense of drowning paid off. 

I have lost about 10 pounds since I last posted, which I know isn't a lot, but hey, it's still 10 pounds off.

The sausage toe is all healed up, I've been jogging a couple times, but still haven't gotten into the swing of things.  TH and I joined the YMCA in January, but then he got sick, I got sick, then I got sick again.  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.  I stay light headed, and it's hard for me to keep food down.  Certain days I can eat a cow and be fine, but others, I take a bite at lunch and I feel sick all day long.  I have a sneaky feeling that my band is too tight. 

TH and I are still together :) I'm happy, head over heels, and wish I had more time in the day to see him.  Our 6 month anniversary was last week, and of course, WV had a snow storm, which put a damper on plans.  We ended up going to see Movie 43 (don't waste your time, lol, it was awful), had a quick dinner out, and then made a b-line straight to my place before the roads got too bad.  He gave me a key to his apartment.  :) Big step, I know.  But (excuse me for being cheesy), with that key, I melted into one big Allie puddle on the floor of TGIFridays.  My New Year's Resolution was to be more organized, but I'm thinking I should add a late amendment to it.  I need to learn to express my emotions better.  I'm so reserved when it comes to showing someone how I feel about them, and I know he has a hard time reading me sometimes.  So, since I'm doing well with my organization, I'll start on that.  :)



This semester, I have a Math for Liberal Arts class (snooze) and Educational Psychology & Learning (yuck).  I'm aiming for A's, but if I make B's, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy.  Along with the Ed Psych class, I have to take the PRAXIS I test (which is like the ACTs for adults), complete 25 field observation hours in a classroom, and be accepted into the Education Program at WVSU.  Shew...a lot on my shoulders, eh?

There has been some cray stuff going on at work, but that's another story for another time.  Right now, I'm on the 12-8pm shift which allows me to work around my school schedule and do my field observations in the morning.

I'm not too crazy about my Ed Psych teacher.  He's funny, but horrible at following up with emails.  My Math for Liberal Arts teacher is as old as dirt (even though he told us today he's only 74...could have fooled me, I thought he was in his late 80's!). He uses one of the old school projectors, with the light and mirror, and then those clear sheets of plastic or whatever.  When he writes on them with his little wipe off markers, his little hand shakes.  Bless him.  He's sweet, he really is, but oh man, this class.  I know I suck at math, but I'm pretty sure I might be the smartest one in there (as well as the oldest - FYI I'm the oldest in my Ed Psych class too...yay.....).  Seriously. You guys...the first week of class, he spent explaining how to estimate.  How have you made it into your college years and not understood how to estimate?  I've done my homework in the class and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

I turn 30 this June.  I used to think I would be terrified, but I'm really not.  I'm at a pretty good point in my life, so why worry about stupid stuff like that? It's just a number.  However, it doesn't mean I can't celebrate and treat myself to an extravagant vacation! My nearest and dearest (the bf, the gbf + 1, the cuz, and the seester) are all planning a cruise to Key West & Cozumel.  I've never been on one before, so I opted to take a shorter one (4 days) and if I like it, then next year I'll take a longer one.  I plan on getting the best suite available with a whirlpool tub so I can relax every night in a hot tub of water.  We (bf, gbf, and his + 1) would fly out at around 5:30am from Yeager (yeah I know...5:30am? I'm cray), connect in Charlotte with the cuz and seester, and then fly down to Miami landing around noon on my bday.  I am aware this means I will need to get up at the ass crack of dawn on my 30th bday, but I'll be flying to Miami....I'm pretty sure I won't have an issue getting up.  From Miami, we will head to Key West and spend all day there.  I'm very excited to visit the keys and have some REAL key lime pie.  I've made it before, but I know what I make won't compare to having the real thing while sitting at a little dive on the white sanded beaches of Key West.  Then we hit up Cozumel.  Which I am most excited about. 

Anyone who has been on a cruise before...is it safe to schedule TWO excursions at one port? I can't pass up seeing the Mayan ruins while I'm there (I've wanted to see those things since I was in 6th grade and did a presentation on them! What better way to spend my 30th bday...standing on top of something that's more ancient than me), but I also want to do an excursion where you can swim with the dolphins and turtles.

Anyway...I've missed blogging, and hope to get back into posting on the reg, as well as get back to the primary reason I started this blog...jogging!

<3

ANM 

No comments:

Post a Comment